Tuesday 14 December 2010

BLAST2. Solo show. Derby. Walking the Line...


BLAST2. At the New Court Gallery, Repton, Derbyshire
On September 9th 2010 BLAST at the New Court Gallery, Repton opened. One of the blast pictures (below) sold on the opening night and three more pieces sold after the show closed in November. BLAST featured 8 explosion paintings (created in the photo above) and 5 large Warholian prints (see below) it was featured in all the local press and I got interviewed on the radio with my mum. But she was better at it than me.
The exhibition was a huge success for me and a first major solo show. I really kicked ass and yes, most other art is boring by comparison to mine and this proves it; explosives = more exciting than painting on a crappy canvas in a leaky studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment