Wednesday 17 June 2009

Tom Whitty vs Joseph Steele


I'm playing catch up with this blog:

Feb 27 2009. Hanger 51. Ouseburn Valley.

Tom and I teamed up to deliver a show that kicked the crap out of everything else either of us had seen in newcastle . (apart from the stuff at the Baltic but they've got glass elevators.)

Over 200 people saw it in two and a half days. I showed (what was then) a new range of work: Megaposters, in big steel frames. Tom parried with 35 seconds worth of painting. My favourite part of the show was at night, when the people we knew weren't there and we'd get passers by, drunks, chavs coming in and looking at the work. That was the most interesting for reactions and insight into how the show had worked and the answer is it looked awesome, strong, big. I was worried my work would get dwarfed by Tom's 4-5 metre paintings but, it didnt', because it's so damn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment